- To say hello in Nepal, you say Namaste and bow with your hands in prayer position.
- In Nepal the cow is a sacred animal. The cow guides the dead on their way to heaven.
- It is uncommon to show affection in public, like kissing and hugging.
- In Nepal, shaking your head from side to side will mean no while nodding your head up and down means yes.
- Do not touch someone with your feet. If you do so, please tap immediately the person’s shoulder and your forehead.
- Take off your shoes before entering a house or a temple.
- Only use your right hand for eating, shaking hands or giving money. Your left hand is your bathroom hand in the Nepalese culture.
Take the hassle out of your trip planning. We'll match you with top travel specialists.
Help Me Plan My Trip