Nepal has only one international airport that is Tribhuvan international airport in Kathmandu, the capital city. The tourists flying to Nepal are being provided Visa on Arrival from the Immigration office in Tribhuvan International Airport under the Department of Immigration. ‘On Arrival’ visa procedure is very quick and simple. During peak tourist season you can find some queues. As long as you have passport photos on hand, you can get visa on arrival at TIA. A passport valid for six months is required by nationals.
Visas are valid for 15-30 or 90 days. Your total stay is counted from the day you arrive at the country. Visas received from the Entry or the exit points are ‘tourists Visas’ with multiple Re-Entry Facilities. It can also be obtained on arrival from immigration authorities at all entry points. However, the category of visa must be changed as per your purpose and length of stay in Nepal from Department of Immigration by producing required documents. Outside of Nepal, A visa can also be obtained at the nearest Nepal Embassy or Diplomatic Mission.
- A valid passport and one passport-size photograph with a light background.
- Visa can be obtained only through payment of cash in the following currency: Euro, Swiss, Franc, Pound Sterling, US Dollar, Australian Dollar, Canadian Dollar, Hong Kong Dollar, Singapore Dollar, and Japanese Yen.
- Credit card, Indian currency, and Nepali Currency are not accepted as payment of visa fee.
TOURIST VISA FEE DETAILS
|Tourist Visa Fee Details||Previous Visa Fee||Changed Visa Fee that will be in effect from 17 July 2019|
|15 Days (Multiple Entry)||USD 25||USD 30|
|30 Days (Multiple Entry)||USD 40||USD 50|
|90 Days (Multiple Entry)||USD 100||USD 125|
|Visa Extension (Within Valid Visa Period)||USD 2 per day||USD 3 per day|
|Visa Extension (With Multiple Entry)||Additional USD 20||Additional USD 25|
|Visa Extension (After Visa Expiration)||Late fee USD 3 per day||Late fee USD 5 per day|
- Tourist visa extension is done for minimum 15 days with USD 45 and USD 3 per day for additional days.
- In the case of delay less than 150 days additional USD 5 per day as of late fine.